Luton Family Law

Complaints Procedure

Luton Family Law is committed to high quality legal advice and client care. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you receive, or about the bill, please contact Huma Ali on 01582 966 620, via email at or by post to Suite 104, Crystal House, New Bedford Road Luton Bedfordshire LU1 1HS. 

We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.

If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, by calling 0300 555 0333 or by email to consider the complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).

There are exceptions to the above periods, details of which appear on the Legal Ombudsman’s website ( In summary if the Legal Ombudsman may consider there are exceptional reasons to consider the complaints sooner than 8 weeks or without it having been made to us. If the Legal Ombudsman considers that there are exceptional circumstances he/she may extend any of these time limits to the extent that he/she considers fair for e.g. the Legal Ombudsman may extend a time limit if you were prevented from meeting the time limit as a result of a serious illness.

You also have the right to object to the bill by making a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman or by applying for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Legal Ombudsman may not deal with a complaint about the bill if you have applied to the court for an assessment of the bill. If all or part of the bill remains unpaid the firm may be entitled to charge interest.

We enclose a second copy of both this letter and the terms of business of Luton Family Law. We ask that you sign them and return them to us so that we can commence acting on your behalf.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concern or complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority click here or for more information about our Complaints Procedure click here.